The two twin skyscrapers on either side are the Mapfre Tower and the Hotel Arts. Located next to the Olympic Marina, they changed absolutely the skyline of Barcelona and have become one of the reference points of the city.
Next I will suggest a walk which begins in the Olympic Marina and ends near the W Barcelona Hotel, also called Vela Hotel. Through this walk you will enjoy the views of Barcelona beaches and the Port Vell. Let's begin!
Mar Bella Beach
Barcelona promenade and Barceloneta beach with the twin towers on the horizon
A closer view of the twin towers which changed the Barcelona skyline
W Barcelona Hotel beside the beach
Beach of Barcelona from which you can see a view of the coast of Barcelona
Another view of the previous beach in Barcelona, called San Sebastià
Palms near the W Barcelona Hotel in Barcelona
The W Barcelona hotel with its 26th floors
Barcelona Port Vell
- How to get the Olympic Marina:
- Metro L4, stop Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Bus 10, 36, 45, 57, 59, 71 and 92.
- Tram T4, stop Ciutadella-Vila Olímpica.
- Barcelona Bus Turístic, stop Port Olímpic.
- Web site: www.portolimpic.net
- Raval Route
- Gothic Quarter route
- Gaudí and Modernist Route
- Route through the large green area in Montjuïc.
- Beaches in La Costa Brava:
- Blanes (S'Abanell and Sant Francesc beaches)
- Tossa de Mar
- Sa Tuna, Sa Riera and Aiguablava beaches in Begur
- Llafranc and Calella de Palafrugell beaches
- Tamariu beach
- L'Escala, L'Estartit and Les Illes Medes
- Cadaqués, Roses and Empuriabrava