FC Barcelona was founded by Joan Gamper in 1899 in a gym located in Montjuïc del Carme street belonging to the Raval district. There there is the plaque you can see in the following picture.
With more than one hundred years of history, FC Barcelona is "més que un club" (“more than a club”) in Catalonia because it is the sports club that most represents the country and is also one of its greatest ambassadors. Also, for different reasons, FC Barcelona is “more than a club” for many people living elsewhere in Spain, who see Barça as a staunch defender of democratic rights and freedom.
Next, I would like to show the most important trophies FC Barcelona has won:
- 5 Champions League in 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2010-11 and 2014-2015.
- 3 FIFA Club World Cup (Mundialet de Clubs) in 2009-10 and 2011-2012 and 2015-2016.
- 4 European Cup Winners Cup (Recopa d'Europa) in 1978-79, 1981-82, 1988-89, 1996-97.
- 3 Fair Cup (Copa de Fires) in 1957-58, 1959-60, 1965-66.
- 5 European SuperCup (Supercopa d'Europa) in 1992-93, 1997-98, 2009-10, 2011-12, 2015-16.
- 24 Spanish League Championship (14 in the last 26 years).
- 28 Spanish Cup (Copa del Rei).
- 11 Spanish Supercup (Supercopa d'Espanya).
- 2 Spanish League Cup (Copa de la Lliga).
And the teams which won the four Champions League were:
- Champions 1991-92 in Wembley (London) Barcelona - Sampdoria: Zubizarreta, Nando, Ferrer, Koeman, Juan Carlos, Bakero, Laudrup, Guardiola, Eusebio, Stoichkov and Julio Salinas. Coach: Johan Cruyff
- Champions 2005-06 in Paris Barcelona - Arsenal: Valdés, Oleguer, Puyol, Márquez, Van Bronckhorst, Edmilson, Deco, Van Bommel, Giuly, Ronaldinho, Eto'o. Coach: Frank Rijkaard.
- Champions 2008-09 in Roma Barcelona - Manchester United: Valdés, Piqué, Puyol, Yaya Touré, Sylvinho, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta (Pedro Rodríguez, 92), Henry (Seydou Keita, 72), Messi, Eto’o. Coach: Pep Guardiola.
- Champions 2010-11 in Wembley (London) Barcelona - Manchester United: Valdés, Alves, Mascherano, Piqué, Abidal (Puyol, 87), Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro (Afellay, 91), Messi, Villa (Keita, 85). Coach: Pep Guardiola.
- Champions 2014-15 in Berlin Barcelona - Juventus: Ter Stegen, Alvés, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta (Xavi), Rakitic (Matthieu), Neymar, Messi, Suárez (Pedro). Coach: Luis Enrique Martínez.
And the teams which won the three FIFA Club World Cup were:
- FIFA Club World Cup 2009 in Abu Dhabi Barcelona - Estudiantes de la Plata(2-1): Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Xavi, Keita, Henry, Messi, Ibrahimovic. Coach: Pep Guardiola.
- FIFA Club World Cup in Yokohama Barcelona - Santos (4-0): Valdés, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc, Alves, Messi, Thiago. Coach: Pep Guardiola.
- FIFA Club World Cup in Yokohama Barcelona - River Plate (3-0): Bravo, Alvés, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar, Messi, Suárez. Coach: Luis Enrique Martínez.
With the Camp Nou Experience it's easier to understand because FC Barcelona is “more than a club”.
Camp Nou Experience (Camp Nou Tour and Museum)Opening times
Monday to Saturday: 10am - 6:30pm (4th April to 9th October, 10am - 8pm)
Sundays and public holidays: 10am-2:30pm.
On days of League and Champions League matches in the stadium, from 10am to 3pm (Camp Nou Tour not available)
Information and Reservations in FCBotiga:
Monday to Saturday: from 10am - 8.30pm (Summer timetable until mid-September)
Sundays and Holidays: 10am - 2:30pm.
Match Days: until kick off time.
Getting the Camp Nou and the Museum:
Metro: Lines L3 (Palau Reial or Maria Cristina) and L5 (Collblanc)
Tramway: T1, T2 and T3, stop Pius XII
If you arrive by car, there is Free Parking.