viernes, 21 de diciembre de 2012

SHOPPING IN BARCELONA: LAS ARENAS MALL

After having talked about El Portal de l'Angel, one of the main shopping streets in Barcelona together with El Passeig de Gràcia and La Diagonal, today I would like to speak about a new shopping center in Barcelona: Las Arenas.

Located next to La Plaça de Espanya and near the Montjuïc Magic Fountain, it opened its doors on 25th march 2011. From that day, many people go to Las Arenas, which was a bullring, for shopping or to enjoy the views of Montjuïc from the dome.

However, as well as shopping, inside the six floors of Las Arenas you can go to the twelve-screen cinema, you can exercise in the fitness center, visit the Museum of Rock or have dinner in one of the many restaurants. If you prefer to eat near the city center, in a previous post I recommended some great restaurants.

I went to Las Arenas on 30th april and the next pictures show what I liked the most of this bullring converted into a shopping center.

Las Arenas Shopping Mall



Las Arenas shopping center in BarcelonaLas Arenas shopping center, located near Montjuïc, one of the most beautiful areas in Barcelona

Las Arenas Shopping MallOverview of Las Arenas Shopping Mall where you can see the dome, the terrace and the Neomudejar facade



Views from the dome of Las Arenas


View from the dome of Las Arenas shopping mall
Behind La Plaça d'Espanya, you can see Maria Cristina Avenue with the Venetian Towers and the Magical Fountain of Montjuïc at the end


Joan Miro park from the dome of Las Arenas shopping mallView of Joan Miro Park located next to Las Arenas


Neomudejar windows of Las Arenas shopping mallNeomudejar windows give an arab look to the facade of Las Arenas


Inside Las Arenas Shopping Mall


Inside Las Arenas shopping mallFrom the platform in the middle of Las Arenas shopping center this is what I saw


Inside Las Arenas shopping mallSome of the 115 shops inside Las Arenas shopping center



Las Arenas Shopping Mall lit at night




Neomudejar facade of Las Arenas shopping mall
The Neomudejar facade of Las Arenas shopping mall lit in the evening


Las Arenas shopping center
Las Arenas shopping mall lit at night



Las Arenas shopping mall lit at night
Las Arenas shopping center has become one of the most spectacular ones of Barcelona


Las Arenas shopping mall
Detail of Las Arenas shopping mall decorated with Christmas details

I also would like to give you some useful information about Las Arenas:

- Address: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes núm,373-385.
- How to arrive:
  • Metro: L1 and L3, stop Plaça Espanya.
  • Bus: 9, 13, 27, 30, 50, 56, 57, 65, 79, 91, 109 and 157.
- Opening time:
  • Shops: from 10:00 to 22:00 (Monday to Saturday).
  • Restaurants: From 10:00 to 00:30 (Monday to Thursday), from 10:00 to 02:30 (Friday, Saturday and eve of public holidays), from 10:00 to 01:30 (Sundays).
- Website: http://www.arenasdebarcelona.com/

 Other shopping areas in Barcelona are:



Finally, clicking on the next link you will find links to other beautiful places in Barcelona, among them, more nice places in Montjuïc.

13 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I like the vаluablе іnformation yοu ρrοviԁe on youг artiсles.
I wіll bookmаrk your weblog anԁ check again here regulaгly.
I'm quite certain I'll be informed plenty οf new stuff proper here!
Good luck for the next!

Here iѕ my webpage Tatiana

Unknown dijo...

What do you want to travel to India to cut cost. They need to know about shopping in the area to find out more please visitshoppping malls...

Frank dijo...

Thanks for your comment and for bookmarking my blog. I will keep writing, so you will surely find something new the next time you visit my blog.

Anónimo dijo...

Its so nice that someone is dedicating his time to make sure when I come to Barcelona I can go around the most beautiful places :) thanks a lot:)

Frank dijo...

Thank you very much for your comment. I really liked it.

Anónimo dijo...

I just wanted to make a quick comment to say GREAT blog!….. I’ll be checking in on a regularly now….Keep up the good work.shopclues coupon

Frank dijo...

Thank you very much for your comment. It encourages me to keep publishing posts in this blog.

Unknown dijo...

Wonderful stuff. Bundle of thanks!!! scarborough town centre stores

Frank dijo...

Thanks a lot, Louise, for your comment. I really appreciate it.

Frank dijo...

Thank you very much for your comment. I'm happy that this post was useful to you.

Unknown dijo...

Wow! Nice stuff. I am very glad that I found your blog. Keep sharing such kind of useful information. Excellent one.
potpourri smoke

K2 Spray Papers Online dijo...

Continue the great work. I am impressed with your fantastic blog. Thanks for sharing
Herbal Incense

Anna Eliza dijo...

On the weekend, I also went to the mall. And I enjoy going there to shop with my family and friends. I enjoy reading that you have a similar passion. You can also go to top shopping mall in Auckland. And you'll have fun there.