In the end I have paid a visit to the most impressive modernist building in Barcelona: I have entered The Sagrada Familia, the Antoni Gaudí's masterpiece.
This basilica is really beautiful and relaxing because you feel that nature is everywhere inside this building. Inside its main nave I felt as If I were in a forest surrounded by high trees with their branches pointing to the sky. I have never felt this way inside a religious building.
Transept of Sagrada Familia Basilica
Main Nave of La Sagrada Familia
Main nave and apse of Sagrada Familia Basilica in Barcelona
There is always a lot of people visiting Sagrada Familia Basilica
The baldaquin of La Sagrada Familia appears in the background
Curved Line in the Main Nave of La Sagrada Familia
Typical modernist curved handrail inside La Sagrada Familia
Typical modernist curved staircase inside La Sagrada Familia
Right Aisle of La Sagrada Familia
Left Aisle of La Sagrada Familia
Ceiling of La Sagrada Familia
Sagrada Familia in Barcelona lit at night
- Address: C/ Mallorca, 401 (08013 Barcelona)
- Phone: +34 932 073 031
- How to get there:
- Metro L2 and L5, stop Sagrada Família.
- Bus 19, 33, 34, 43, 44, 50 and 51.
- Barcelona Bus Turístic, stop Sagrada Família
- From October to March, daily from 9am to 6pm.
- From April to September, daily from 9am to 8pm.
- January 1st and 6th, December 25th and 26th, from 9am to 2pm.
- Sagrada Familia
- Park Güell
- Casa Vicens
- Casa Milà (also known as La Pedrera)
- Casa Batlló
- Palau Güell
- Col·legi de les Teresianes
- Casa Calvet
- Torre Bellesguard and Viaduct
- Pabellons Güell
- Cripta de la Colonia Güell
- Hospital de Sant Pau
- Palau de la Música Catalana
- La Boqueria
- Casa Fuster
- Casa Terrades or "Casa de les Punxes"
- Casa Thomas
- Casa Amatller
- Casa Lleó i Morera
- Casa Martí (Restaurant els Quatre Gats)
- Cathedral of Barcelona
- Santa Maria del Mar church
- Santa Maria del Pi church
- Santa Agata chapel in Plaça del Rei
- Santa Anna church
- Sant Just i Pastor church
- Sant Pere de les Puelles church
Finally, clicking on the next link you will find links to more beautiful places of Barcelona.