martes, 25 de agosto de 2009

PARIS: JARDIN DU LUXEMBOURG AND LA VILLETTE


We began the sixth day with a visit to the lovely Jardin du Luxembourg and, afterwards, we went to Le Parc de la Villette. Finally, at night, we enjoyed a fascinating Sena cruise. For me, one of the best experiences I lived in Paris.


Star sights of this day in Paris:
  • Saint Sulpice
  • Jardin du Luxembourg
  • Parc de la Villette
  • Seine Cruise

Day 6

Saint-Sulpice


L'église de Saint Sulpice. I knew about this church after reading The Da Vinci Code



Inside L'église de Saint Sulpice there is the famous Gnomon


Jardin du Luxembourg



Le Jardin de Luxembourg is a really beautiful park. I really like it, especially Le Palais de Luxembourg, which is inside the park

An image of this palace through some flowers

In front of the palace there is a pond where children play with sailing boats

Another picture of this palace. This park is a suitable place for spending a sunny morning with children or for walking


And we could see La Tour Eiffel from Le Jardin du Luxembourg :)

There is a lot of sculptures throughout the Jardin du Luxembourg


La Fontaine de Médicis also inside the park is a quiet place to take a break


Taking a break before going to Le Parc de la Villette


Parc de la Villette

We have already arrived at Le Parc de la Villette

and the day was really lovely :)

And there is a canal inside this park

Here La Géode. Inside this sphere there is an IMAX cinema

Here the science museum is reflected by La Géode

I like a lot aeronautics, so I could't help appearing in a photo with the vulcain engine of the rocket Ariane



There is big green area to have a rest after visiting this park and the science museum


Seine Cruise

And this day I did one of the activities I liked the most in Paris: A Seine river cruise. I really enjoy this cruise and I realized that Paris at night is incredibly beautiful


The Eiffel tower from the Seine


The Alexander III bridge at night from the seine

Before going to our hotel, we ate something in the Latin Quarter. A really lively neighborhood of Paris, especially at night



You can see more pictures of the days I spent in Paris clicking on the links below:



Besides, in France I have visited the following beautiful places I strongly recommend:


Finally, other great cities I have already visited are:

No hay comentarios: